In just over a week I move out of my house. I am going to miss the bedroom I am in now, having a garden and my lovely housemates who are now my best friends. I wish I'd fixed my window sooner because hanging out of it onto the little balcony smoking at all hours of the night with music playing in the background is one of my favourite things to do. And even though he annoys me and wakes me up meowing at 6am, I'm going to miss Harvey (the house cat) a lot. It has been a nice year.
I think over the past few years studying art one of the main lessons I have learnt is that lying will get you everywhere. If your work isn't good, make it seem like it is. Steal ideas. People (including myself) would rather a heavy dose of bullshit over the truth because the truth is too real. "To be successful, one must project an image of success at all times." Maybe if I wasn't as good a person and lied more I wouldn't be in the position I am right now, and maybe I'd be a lot happier. Guilt passes quickly; disappointment, loneliness and sadness takes a lot longer.
"Try lying for a change, it's the currency of the world"

No comments:
Post a Comment